Twin Cities Field Federal Safety & Health Council (TCFFSHC)
The Twin Cities Field Federal Safety and Health Council continues to serve as a resource on occupational safety and health issues for the local Federal community.
- Training provided by subject matter experts on topics such as Indoor Air Quality, Contractors and Construction Safety, Hearing/Noise, Heat and Heat related Illness, Ergonomics, OSHA Recordkeeping, Ladder Safety and AED’s.
- Sharing experiences and lessons learned, such as OSHA on-site visits, working with state OSHA plans, conducting safety inspections at various work environments and assisting members in promoting safety like participating in the USDA APHIS Wellness and Safety Fair.
- Started a semi-annual newsletter with safety tips and news/information related to safety and health.
- Received Superior Performance National Recognition Award from DOL-OSHA for FY15, FY16, FY17 and FY18 and Meritorious Achievement for FY 19 for promoting the advancement of safety and health in the federal sector.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Meritorious Achievement AWARD 2022
SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
Charter, Regulation, and Guidance
Executive Order 12196 and regulatory language, 29 CFR 1960, contain both Federal Safety and Health Council mission related and federal agency participation mandates.