A Federal Hiring Fair will take place on Wednesday, August 28 from 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM in the auditorium (Room G300) of theBishopHenry Whipple Federal Building located at 1 Federal Drive, St. Paul. Public Parking is limited and we encourage the use of the LRT Blue line, Ft. Snelling stop.
Open to all status candidates, to include:
To be eligible for Schedule A, you must provide a“proof of a disability” letterstating that you have an intellectual disability, severe physical disability or psychiatric disability. You can get this letter from your doctor, a licensed medical professional, a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist, or any federal, state, or local agency that issues or provides disability benefits.
The recent graduate program is for those who have graduated, from a qualifying educational institution or certificate program(a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution).The recent graduate program offers career development with training and mentorship.You must apply within two years of getting your degree or certificate (veterans have up to six years to apply due to their military service obligation).
The following Federal agencies will participate in the fair:
· US Citizenship & Immigration Services
· Fish and Wildlife Service
· Customs and Border Protection
· Transportation Security Administration
· VeteransAffairs, Debt Management Center
· Veterans Affairs, Regional Benefits Office
· Minneapolis VA Health Care System
· US Postal Service
· Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
· US Army Corps of Engineers
Veterans, please remember to bring:resume, DD 214, VA Letter and a college transcript.
Eligible candidates shouldprepare resumes to sharewith agencies andbe prepared for possible on site interviews. Questions about the fair may be directed to Andria Horwitz or Marianne Pagerit atMN_FEB@ios.doi.govor 612-713-7200.
The HR Work Group does not have anformalmeetings scheduled in FY20. Contact Andria Horwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
This is a membership meeting intended for any Human Resources professionals in Federal government agencies in Minnesota. HR represenatives meetad hock in the FEB Conference room in Bloomington.
Intent of the HR WorkGroup:
The HR meetingswill serve as a venue to share information and resources that supports the needs of the people and agencies we serve.
• Sharing of resources
• Leveraging collective knowledge
• Sounding board for HR community and Federal leaders
• Share training opportunities
• Open forum for lessons learned and best practices
• Partnering opportunities for upcoming events, hiring fairs, etc
• Refine front end hiring processes
• Refine security clearance process