Resources for Federal Employee affected by the partial shutdown
PLEASE REMEMBER: YOUR FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ID IS REQUIRED FOR MANY OF THESE SERVICES, BE PREPARED WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Allstate Insurance- Offers any policy holder suffering from an unexpected financial hardship, such as this furlough event, a suspension of premiums due for 60 days. After that time, the suspended premiums are divided over the remaining payment periods of the policy starting on day 90.
- Pay Pal offers $500 credit:https://www.
foxbusiness.com/financials/ paypal-offers-500-credit-to- workers-affected-by- government-shutdown
- My Fed Benefits:https://
myfedbenefitshelp.com/assistan ce-programs-for-federal- employees-furlough-during-the- government-shutdown/
- FEEA has put together some articles and resources at a national level:http://feea.org/
- Hiway Federal Credit Union – Hiway Federal Credit Union is offering assistance to federal employees, go to their website for informationhttps://www.hiway.
2019/01/17/where-to-find-free- food-discounts-if-youve-been- furloughed
2019/01/17/museums-orchestra- offer-tickets-to-furloughed- federal-workers/
- Potential ethics violations for crowdfundinghttps://m.
govexec.com/pay-benefits/2019/ 01/shutdown-roundup-ethics- feds-gofundme-campaigns- smartbenefits-deadline- extension-and-more/154281/? Oref=GovexecFB
- See guidance issued by GSA regarding Ethical Considerations During a Lapse in Funding at the end of this document. While each agency is likely to issue its own guidance, these items are worth reviewing to make sure no one violates regulations. Please check with your own Office of Counsel for any guidance specific to your agency.
- Please remind your employees to use your EAP program for assistance.
- The President signed into law the Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019. This Act guarantees retroactive backpay for federal employees impacted by the partial government shutdown. This covers all of our federal employees (excepted as well as non-excepted).
- The GEFTA Act can be viewed athttps://www.congress.gov/
- OPM Pay and Leave Furlough Guidance:https://www.opm.
gov/policy-data-oversight/pay- leave/furlough-guidance/#url= Overview
- OPMFACT SHEET: Pay and Benefits Information for Employees Affected by the Lapse in Appropriations:https://www.
opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/ pay-leave/furlough-guidance/ fact-sheet-pay-and-benefits- information-for-employees- affected-by-the-lapse-in- appropriations.pdf
- Effect of Nonpay Status on Your TSP Account:https://www.tsp.gov/
- TSP Withdrawal and Loans During a Government Shutdown:http://tsp-