Presented by Mike Nakashima, certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) and Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant (ChFEBC). Mike has been training federal employees nationally since 2007 on the subject of maximizing their federal employee retirement benefits.As a CFP® and ChFEBC Mike is able to show you the value of your benefits from a financial planner and federal benefits expert’s perspective. Mike has been hired by the MN FEB as an instructor to educate participants on planning for retirement. This program is for educational purposes only and no financial services or products will be presented.
- Federal Employee Retirement Benefits Pension (FERS), Survivor Pension Options, the FERS Special Supplement and how to calculate your pension benefits and costs.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), the new Roth TSP option and the TSP options in retirement.
- Federal Employee Group Live and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Programs.
- Federal Employee Health Benefits and Medicare, as well as using your Federal Health Insurance in retirement.
- Social Security strategies and benefits to taking SS immediately or delaying for later, higher payment.
Cost: $95 for an individual, $105 with spouse
Date: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
Location: Bloomington Fire Station 1, 10 W 95th St, Bloomington, MN 55420
Parking: Use surface lot in front of building and carpool if possible